Secured your space at #VirtualWEM20
Set up your profile on HopIn
Watched the video tour of the virtual platform
Great news – you’re almost ready to go!
Last on the checklist – some housekeeping! We know admin is often bottom of the ‘To-Do’ list, so we’ve made it easy for you and complied a list of top tips that will enable you to have the best possible online experience.
First and foremost:
- Don’t leave it till the last minute! We are a small admin team here at WEM, and if you are having issues accessing the event it’s best to let us know as soon as possible so we can help you. We’ll be super busy on the day supporting all of our speakers, exhibitors and fellow delegates and we don’t want you to miss any of the action if you’re waiting for our assistance.
- We recommend attending the event using a laptop or PC.
- Join from a compatible browser. HopIn works best on Chrome and Firefox. Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Check that your laptop or desktop microphone and camera are both working – you’ll have to the chance to network face-to-face and ask questions directly to our speakers – you don’t want to miss out due to faulty technology.
- Test your WiFi speed and network. HopIn recommend a minimum of 5mbps download and 2mbps upload. Ensure that housemates aren’t planning on downloading or streaming large files during the day, which could reduce the bandwidth of your internet and cause delays in streaming.
On the day:
- The platform will open at 8am (GMT+1) on Saturday 17th October. We recommend jumping into the event as soon as you can so you’ve got time to familiarise yourself with the controls and start chatting to other delegates before the schedule begins at 8:45am (GMT+1).
- Prepare your learning environment. Find a quiet area without distractions and make sure you’ve got enough food and drink to see you through the day (although we’ve also built in breaks to give you time to stretch your legs and grab a bite to eat!).
- Map out the day. In true WEM fashion, there is a lot going on. Make sure you know the talks you’d like to attend live and which ones you’ll re-watch at a later date.
- When an area (e.g. Stage) is ‘live’ according to the event schedule, the red ‘LIVE’ tag will be shown, so you’ll know exactly where the action is!
Other blogs that may be of interest, include: