Professional Title: Medical Student
Companies and organisations: University of Southampton
Session: Moral Injury in Trainees – Are We There Yet?
Will is a final year Medical Student at the University of Southampton, but has packed a punch during his 5.5 years at Medical School:
– President of Southampton Wilderness & Expedition Medical Society
– Various roles within Wessex Critical Care Programme, now Curriculum Integration Lead – piloting integrating PHEM into undergrad Medicine
– Intercalated in Pre-Hospital Medicine
– Event medicine at the relatively junior FREC3 & FREC4 levels, but getting used to autonomy
– Dipped his toe into Wilderness Medicine, acting informally as medical lead for a small all-adult team Scout trip to Peru
– Exile Medics – supernumerary member of the Sierra Leone 2019 trip
Will is currently trying to get through final year and finals, taking any opportunity he can to escape outdoors! What he loves about PHEM & Wilderness Medicine – it’s just medicine, without the politics, rotas, or interdisciplinary fights – just diagnosis, stabilisation and care. Usually in pretty cool environments.