World-renowned experts across the medical and expedition disciplines for the first time in WEM history are returning to Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh and also online via our brand new, top of the range software in November for the largest 3-day medical event in the world and so could you. Welcome to #WEM21 – split over three action-packed days between 13th – 15th November, you’ll encounter the biggest and best content as we celebrate out 10th anniversary, plus we’ll be making it EXTRA extreme with speakers and insights you do not want to miss!
Throughout the 2021 World Extreme Medicine Conference you’ll have the opportunity to find out more on Extreme, Expedition and Wilderness Medicine, Disaster & Humanitarian Medicine and Extreme Pre-Hospital Care and Retrieval Medicine; as well as discovering cutting-edge research, get hands-on with industry-leading practical techniques and network with like-minded medical mavericks from around the globe.
Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Learn from 80+ of the most convention-breaking, discipline-blending, boundary-shattering medics this side of the known universe.
- Uncover how rudimentary equipment can be used in ways you never expected to tip the balance of life and death.
- Get your hands dirty learning cutting-edge field-proven techniques both indoors and in outdoor ‘rain or shine’ technical sessions.* (Will be streamed online, but your hands will be clean unless you come to Edinburgh!)
- Immerse yourself in visceral real-world simulations, including our hugely popular live action ‘mass casualty’ simulation.*
- Unlock the secrets to becoming a specialist in extreme medicine by connecting with world leaders in extreme medicine and unlock the secrets to becoming a specialist yourself – from war surgeon or humanitarian, to emergency first responder or Arctic expedition medic.
- Network with career-defining organisations including NASA, the ICRC and Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Our online environment will use artificial intelligence to connect you with relevant people and businesses.
- Suit up for evening events and bracing morning runs with our team of maverick medics* (This year we even have a surprise treat – think modern Vivaldi playing exclusively for you)
- Earn up to 18 CPD credits to prove your continued dedication to your development.
Join one of the most energetic and unique networks in the universe and be part of the world’s greatest gathering of extreme medics and thought-leaders; dedicated to inspiring and sharing medical knowledge with you.
N.B. If you are unable to attend this year’s conference, you can catch up on many of the talks through WEMAcademy – our new digital resource for extreme medical professionals.
Other blogs that may be of interest, include:
#WEM21 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ’s)
#WEM21 Speaker Announcement including keynote speaker Dr Jane Goodall
WEM Extreme Medical Conference Inspires Career Changes
Book today and join your fellow extreme medics for inspiration and engagement that is quite literally out of this world!